Our corporate volunteers are professionals committed to fulfilling the Project Sunshine mission alongside their colleagues. We partner with companies of all sizes and industries nationwide. Through customizable opportunities for community service and team-building, our corporate volunteers take a break from their day-to-day responsibilities to make a difference in a child’s life.
Corporate groups gather together to create Sending Sunshine care packages. These essential kits keep pediatric patients entertained when they are lonely in the hospital. Project Sunshine also hosts specially themed parties in hospitals, where corporate volunteers do arts and crafts, face painting, and other fun activities with patients and their families.
Do your employees want to spread sunshine?
Get started by filling out our Corporate Inquiries form:
Project Sunshine provides opportunities for employees to come together and make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
1. Volunteer right from your office: Project Sunshine comes to you. No traveling required – convenience guaranteed. These turnkey events are easily implemented and perfect for companies seeking flexibility for employees. Employees work together to assemble Sending Sunshine packages for pediatric patients while building team spirit and a communal sense of goodwill.
Project Sunshine offers:
- Volunteering from the comfort and convenience of your office for 15-500+ employees
- Customizable events for drop-in or extended volunteering sessions
- Outreach to our extensive network of more than 325 medical facilities
- Supply procurement and logistics
- Complimentary day-of event project management for first time partners, based on location and staff availability
- Social media coverage
- Post-event follow-up
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in your community
2. Hit the road and get your volunteering on: Project Sunshine staff will work with you to design a one-of-a-kind staff outing that provides meaningful opportunities for employees to make a difference in the communities where they live and work. Companies can host:
1. Sending Sunshine programs during off-sites or conferences at a location of your choosing.
2. Party Time special events at medical centers that give pediatric patients and their families a chance to celebrate landmark occasions and holidays together.
Project Sunshine offers:
- Volunteer opportunities perfect for groups of 6-30
- Customized events planned and managed by our highly trained staff, who will work with you and the designated medical facility to create a seamless experience for volunteers and patients
- Outreach to our extensive network of partners to match the volunteer group to a local facility in need
- Event design, supply procurement, and logistics management
- On-site volunteer training by Project Sunshine staff
- Social media coverage and press opportunities
- Post-event follow-up with photos
Why does corporate volunteering matter?
According to the 2017 Deloitte Volunteerism Survey, by creating a culture of volunteerism, companies can promote workplace morale and improve brand perception. Community service is also correlated with improved physical and mental health – 93% of participants of the 2017 Doing Good Is Good for You Study note an improvement in mood directly after volunteering.
My company has an Annual Day of Service. Is this something Project Sunshine can accommodate?
We sure can! Project Sunshine can customize volunteer opportunities for companies of all different sizes, industries, and locations. Kindly complete our Corporate Inquiries form, and we will get back to you with more information.
How far in advance do we need to plan our volunteer project?
What is a typical schedule for a day of volunteering?
For Sending Sunshine (Craft Kit assembly or Surgi Doll sewing) events, we recommend 1.5-2 hours for each volunteer to impact 12-15 pediatric patients and family members. Because these events are held on-site at the company’s location, there is flexibility around the time of day scheduled. All Party Time events run about 3 hours in total (not including transportation to the hospital site): 1.5-2 hour programs with 30 minutes of prep and 30 minutes of clean-up.
Where will we volunteer?
That’s up to you. We facilitate volunteer programs at company offices, off-site locations, and conference centers. We also arrange hospital-based events at over 325 hospitals and medical centers nationwide.
How do we get to the volunteer site?
Employees usually travel on their own. Project Sunshine staff is happy to facilitate transportation arrangements for your group – with all transportation and convenience costs covered by the company.
How many employees can participate?
Groups can range from 5 to over 100 – all at once or in rolling sessions. Events are customized to meet your needs. Please note that the minimum number of volunteers for a Sending Sunshine event is 15 people. The average number of volunteers for a Party Time event is 15-25 people.
Will Project Sunshine provide photos of our volunteer project?
Absolutely! We love to capture the magic that happens when spreading sunshine. (Photographs are only snapped and shared when consented, of course).
How much does it cost and what does that cover?
All corporate volunteering events require a ‘per volunteer’ donation to cover staff management and facilitation; procurement and distribution of materials; and shipping costs when applicable.
Can I/our employees volunteer individually?