Join Our Sunny Squad
Thank you for your interest in working at Project Sunshine! We currently have the following open positions:
Program Assistant, Corporate Partnerships
Type: Part Time, 25 hrs/week
Dates Needed: 7/6/20 – 12/22/20
Reports to: Director, Corporate Partnerships
About the Coordinator Position: The primary role of the Program Assistant is to manage remote corporate volunteer programs. The person hired for this role will join a small team that provides volunteer opportunities for employees of our corporate partners. Since the pandemic, the volunteer programs have shifted from taking place in office settings to employees’ homes and are now managed fully remotely. The assistant position has the potential to grow as needed based on the volume of corporate programs through the year.
• Coordinate all aspects of kit packing programs for corporate volunteers
• Facilitate virtual trainings for volunteers on how to safely pack kits and get them to hospitals in need
• Respond to volunteer questions and provide guidance where needed
• Enter program data into Salesforce including contact information, supply information, and program details
• Work closely with our Program Operations Coordinator to ensure that supplies are arriving at volunteers’ homes in a timely and efficient manner
• Provide follow-up to all volunteers thanking them for their service and offering them other ways to get involved with Project Sunshine
• Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships on any streamlining projects that make internal operations more efficient and improve the volunteer experience
• Additional data management and input as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of work experience in social services, nonprofits, education, or related field
• Experience coordinating and training volunteers preferred
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Customer service experience a plus
• A proven commitment to volunteerism with experience in volunteer leadership a plus
• Detail-oriented and highly organized
• Ability to assess an issue and provide proposals for solutions
• Ability to manage tasks independently
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Collaborative team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of people
• Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coordinator, College Volunteer Engagement
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Volunteer Engagement
About the Coordinator Position: The primary role of the Coordinator is to support and enhance the organization’s vibrant college volunteer programming. This includes maintaining and improving current volunteer chapters, motivating and building spirit on campuses nationwide, as well as expanding to new universities and hospitals. This position offers an excellent opportunity for a person passionate about volunteerism, public service, and student affairs.
- Coordinate Project Sunshine’s nationwide College Program
- Provide initial and ongoing training for college leaders and volunteers, including train-the-trainer sessions, weekly supervision and support with Chapter Leaders, and creating regular mass communication (i.e. newsletters).
- Coordinate volunteer recognition, plan university fundraisers, track volunteer engagement, collect program reports, and plan for leadership transition as students graduate.
- Respond to inquiries from new college volunteers and hospital partners; facilitate the founding of new college chapters.
- Build and cultivate authentic relationships with Chapter leaders, volunteers and medical partners to ensure continuous open dialogue, formal and informal feedback loops, and joint recognition of areas of improvement and potential for growth
- Supervise college volunteer chapters
- Directly oversee college volunteer chapters in NYC and nationwide. This includes acting as the main point of contact with Chapter Leaders, volunteers, and faculty advisors.
- Provide support and training to Chapter Leaders via phone, web, and other remote-based avenues, visit local chapters regularly and national chapters as needed to provide leadership training, team building, and additional support.
- Support college chapters with ongoing requirements, which include (1) direct service programs at hospitals with corresponding program reports, (2) university fundraisers, (3) monthly chapter updates, and (4) leadership transitions for graduating students.
- Conduct disciplinary action against non-compliant chapters (probation and closures).
- Support rollout and expansion of Teleplay Program
- Assist with training development and rollout to volunteers nationwide
- Recruit and train skilled volunteers to host Project Sunshine programs
- Coordinate special projects and events
- Liaise with hospital-based programs for college volunteers
- Support organizational initiatives for National Volunteer Week, Child Life Month, and others.
- Facilitate special projects as they arise
- Develop and disseminate volunteer-related communications
- Manage and post to the volunteer-related social media platforms, create a calendar of social media campaigns and develop new content
- Design and send the weekly volunteer newsletter
- Bachelor’s with 3+ years of work experience in social services, nonprofits, education, or related field.
- Experience coordinating and training volunteers.
- A proven commitment to volunteerism with experience in volunteer leadership a plus.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, highly organized, and flexible.
- Ability to manage tasks independently, and willingness to travel within NYC and throughout the country to visit volunteer chapters and hospital partners.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Collaborative team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of people.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR4@projectsunshine.org
Don’t forget to check out our volunteer opportunities to make a difference today.