Join Our Sunny Squad
Thank you for your interest in working at Project Sunshine! We currently have the following positions open:
Manager, Corporate Partnerships
Type: Full Time
Start Date: August 1, 2021
About Project Sunshine
Project Sunshine is a New York City headquartered organization that addresses the psychosocial and developmental needs of pediatric patients and their families. Over 19,000 trained volunteers deliver programs that provide opportunities for creative expression, socialization, intellectual stimulation, and sensory integration — ensuring childhood remains a place of wonder. Project Sunshine partners with over 400 medical facilities across the U.S. and in four international locations, serving more than 175,000 pediatric patients and families.
In 2020 we expanded to deliver a third program channel, TelePlay, which provides live, interactive play and activities over Zoom. For the first time, we are able to serve children and families at home, in addition to our partnerships with hospitals around the world.
About the Manager Position
The Corporate Partnerships Manager will join a small, energetic team that engages employees of our corporate partners in volunteer service. Since the start of the COVID‐19 pandemic, our corporate volunteer programs have shifted from taking place in office settings to employees’ homes, but they are now starting to shift back to offices and/or hybrid models. The primary role of the Corporate Partnerships Manager is to provide stellar customer service and meaningful volunteer programs to their portfolio of corporate partners. In addition to managing the logistics of volunteer events, the Manager will also be a relationship‐building dynamo who can seamlessly juggle multiple projects and troubleshoot problems.
Contribute to a high‐performing team with a $1.3M annual revenue goal:
- Manage the relationship and volunteer activities for a portfolio of corporate partners
- Ensure a high‐quality volunteer experience for every corporate volunteer and create engagement offerings that reflect the changing work environment for many corporate employees (virtual, hybrid, etc)
- Plan solicitation and stewardship activities
- Facilitate virtual and in‐person trainings for corporate volunteers; provide customization and adaptation to trainings as needed
- Respond to volunteer questions and provide guidance where needed
- Manage corporate volunteer program and financial data in Salesforce
- Work closely with the Program Operations Coordinator to ensure that materials for volunteer activities are coordinated efficiently and on‐time
- Work with Development and Corporate Partnerships teams on streamlining projects that make internal operations more efficient and improve the volunteer experience
- Work with the Volunteer Experience team to develop strategy to engage corporate volunteers in Project Sunshine’s mission and work outside of company sponsored events
- Collaborate with Development team to identify funding opportunities for new and existing corporate partners
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3‐5 years of work experience in social services, nonprofits, education, or related field
- Experience coordinating and training volunteers preferred
- Sound understanding of corporate social responsibility best practices preferred
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Customer service experience a plus
- A proven commitment to volunteerism with experience in volunteer leadership
- Detail‐oriented and highly organized
- Ability to assess an issue and provide proposals for solutions
- Ability to manage tasks independently
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Collaborative team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of people
- Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign‐born residents, and veterans to apply. Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Type: Full Time
Available: July 1, 2021
Our Salesforce CRM system is used to track volunteers, donors, fundraising and sponsorship, marketing, and programming data across our organization. The Salesforce Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the organization-wide CRM system, including data input, management, report-writing, and application add-ons. The manager will develop business processes with our staff, customize the system as needed, and identify new and future uses of the system.
The manager will also serve as the Project Sunshine staff liaison with external salesforce consultants / developers as applicable. The Salesforce Manager is responsible for owning and executing the day-to-day configuration, reporting, training, support, maintenance and overall improvement of our Salesforce CRM platform. They will work closely with all staff, especially the Chief of Staff, to build out, implement and improve data collection for departments.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a team that is very passionate about the mission of bringing play to children. We have moved to a hybrid work model and are flexible with this position working fully remote if they are not located in New York City. We have a vibrant staff culture, and we value a healthy work-life balance. The ideal candidate is a person who is excited to bring their Salesforce and business solutions expertise to an eager team where they can make a lasting impact on the organization.
- The manager will serve as the first line of support for all Salesforce issues, support the operation of systems
- Ensure systems are up to date and properly maintained
- Provide business solutions and support when needed
- Manage Salesforce permissions and security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
- Create and administer forms using FormAssembly tool
- Update and maintain CalendarAnything tool within Salesforce
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests
- Improve user experience through the creation and configuration of custom reports, dashboards, page layouts, custom fields, custom objects, record types, fields, triggers, and validation rules
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy, including record cleansing and duplicate record management
- Assist with data import requests from all departments and identify potential issues with data stored in Salesforce
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and application development
- Train new users, and grow Salesforce skill set across the organization
- 4+ years in IT as a developer, consultant, business analyst or systems administrator
- 2+ years as a Salesforce Administrator; Salesforce.com Certified Administrator or Developer a plus
- Not-for-profit CRM system experience preferred
- Basic understanding of Visualforce is desired
- Project management experience required, Business Process development experience preferred
- Adept with multiple software systems, including Hubspot and willing to learn new products
- Ability to effectively evaluate, understand, interpret, and explain data to non-technical users
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a collegial, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for Project Sunshine’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR1@projectsunshine.org with “Salesforce Manager” in the subject line.
Don’t forget to check out our volunteer opportunities to make a difference today.