Join Our Sunny Squad
Thank you for your interest in working at Project Sunshine! We currently have the following positions open:
Title: Summer Intern
Start Date: Summer 2021
Reports to: Designated Person within Assigned Department
Position Description: PS is looking forward to welcoming its next cohort of summer interns. PS seeks talented individuals – undergraduates, graduates or recently graduated students – to help us advance our mission. Interns will have a mix of communications, research, administrative responsibilities, and specific list of duties based on their areas of interest listed above. Interns’ responsibilities may evolve over the course of their internship as PS’ activities and operations continue to expand in 2021. They will report to a designated member of each team depending on their areas of interest and will also collaborate with other members of the PS staff. This role will provide an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to a volunteer-based nonprofit organization, the development of programmatic initiatives that drive impact for children and families coping with medical challenges, and key operations involved in building an organization funded by individual and corporate donations. The internship will run from May or June through August 2021, with the possibility to extend through 2021. The position will be based remotely with the option of coming to the New York City midtown office.
We are looking for interns in the following areas:
• Program Development and Childhood Education
• Volunteer Engagement and Management
• Digital Media, Public Relations, Marketing and Communications
• Fundraising, Grant Writing, Event Management, Donors Management
• International Affairs and Project Management.
• Strong interest in PS’ mission of improving the lives of children with medical challenges
• Organized, detail and action-oriented
• Self-starter who can work independently, as well as in teams
• Interest in research and literature reviews
• Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
• Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives in all work
• Sense of humor and a deep-rooted intellectual curiosity and openness to diverse ideas and perspectives
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that values transparency, collaboration, and learning
• Excellent relationship building skills internally and externally
• Undergraduate, graduate or recently graduated college student
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Your Name + Internship + Area of Interest” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Director, Corporate Partnerships
Title: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
The Director of Corporate Partnerships will be an integral part of a passionate and energetic Project Sunshine team at a time of significant change and opportunity. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Chief of Staff, they will serve as a key collaborative member of the Project Sunshine Leadership Team.
Project Sunshine’s corporate partnerships program has grown by almost 40% since 2018. This success is rooted in the redevelopment of our corporate volunteer program that has allowed us to broaden our reach with companies across the country. We are poised for similar growth with brand partnerships. In 2020 we launched our first brand partnership with Pepsico brand, bubly, and are positioned to launch two new national brand partnerships over the coming year. Project Sunshine’s universally appealing mission speaks to a broad corporate audience. The new director will have the opportunity to transform the way we partner with companies on corporate volunteerism, sponsorship and brand collaborations.
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven corporate fundraising or business development professional with demonstrated expertise developing and growing dynamic, multi-year partnerships with large corporations. This person will provide critical leadership to engage and cultivate new partners to through marketing campaigns, grants, volunteerism, matching gifts, and in-kind donations. This is a unique opportunity for a creative, strategic thinker to make significant changes to the corporate partnerships program and adapt to the corporate philanthropy environment that has shifted rapidly in the past year.
Corporate Partnership Program
- Develop and lead strategy to engage corporate partners in Project Sunshine’s mission, creating opportunities for both employee engagement and corporate giving
- Responsible for $1.3M annual revenue goal
- Manage several large partnerships and develop creative opportunities for multi-year collaborations
- Grow current corporate volunteer partners and philanthropic contributions and donations year over year
- Broaden the geographic footprint of corporate volunteer programs outside of current large base in New York City
- Oversee stewardship efforts to ensure that all contacts within corporate partners are well-informed, acknowledged in meaningful ways, and appreciated in an appropriate manner throughout the year
- Work with the Director of Volunteer Experience to develop strategy to engage corporate volunteers in Project Sunshine’s mission and work outside of company sponsored events
- Collaborate with Director of Development to identify funding opportunities for new and existing corporate partners
- Ensure high quality volunteer experience for every corporate partner and volunteer and create engagement offerings that reflect the changing work environment for many corporate employees (virtual volunteerism, at-home volunteerism, small group activities)
Brand Partnerships & Cause Marketing
- Design and execute a growth plan for brand partnerships at Project Sunshine
- Develop a pipeline of corporate prospects and create presentations and pitches to prospective companies with whom Project Sunshine would like to have a marketing based partnership
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors’ Marketing Task Force to harness their expertise and experience to inform Project Sunshine marketing efforts
- Manage two direct reports
- Be a player/coach with a positive and accessible presence
- Set high standards for professionalism, work product, and collegiality and hold staff accountable for maintaining them
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a persuasive communication style
- A track record of success managing corporate partnerships with financial growth year over year
- Integrity, a positive attitude and self-directed and entrepreneurial work style
- Sound understanding of corporate social responsibility best practices, including team member roles and responsibilities as well as the systems and procedures required to support successful partnership efforts
- Experience with strategic and annual planning, project management, process improvement efforts and setting and achieving departmental and personal fundraising goals
- Passion for Project Sunshine’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years or more of experience in development or business development of increasing scope and responsibility (with other 5 years of experience serving as a front-line fundraiser or in a business development or sales role)
To apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR3@projectsunshine.org with “Director, Corporate Partnerships” in the email subject line.
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion,
national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
About the Coordinator Position: The primary role of this position is to support e-mail marketing and website development in support of our programs, fundraising, corporate partnerships, and international programs.
- Prepare emails in HubSpot, including laying them out following best practices in e-mail marketing, sending test emails, and scheduling emails.
- Create a weekly volunteer newsletter e-mail, with content support coming from the Social Media Coordinator.
- Develop and implement e-mail list maintenance and building strategies in cooperation with the marketing team.
- Maintain the back-end of the HubSpot e-mail marketing system, including templates and other functionalities.
- Assist with website updates.
- Provide support in moving our current WordPress website to HubSpot’s CRM.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Experienced with e-mail marketing; experience with HubSpot certification highly desirable.
- Graphic design experience with expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Customer service mindset and ability to work with a wide variety of individuals across the organization under pressure and tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think quickly under pressure
- Goal driven with ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Collaborative team member who enjoys working with diverse groups of people
- Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to HR5@projectsunshine.org with “Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line. This position pays $20/hour, and will be performed remotely, with availability required during East Coast business hours between 9 am and 5 pm.
The Program Coordinator will join a passionate and energetic Project Sunshine team to support to the delivery and management of its programs including TelePlay, Sending Sunshine and, when applicable, in-person volunteering. They will assist with program management, assessment and oversight and liaise with medical facility partners. Additional duties include:
- Contribute to hospital and medical facility recruitment and relationship building
- Ensure proper data management of programs and medical facility partner relationships in our Salesforce database
- Gather and analyze feedback from current Project Sunshine medical facility partners to drive program enhancements
- Ensure successful communication and collaboration with Project Sunshine partners
- Collaborate with other Project Sunshine teams to ensure successful volunteer training and standardization of quality programming
- Identify materials/resources for modified and new programming
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years working in a non-profit, education or medical facility setting
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail‐oriented, highly organized, and flexible
- Experience with Microsoft Office including fluency with Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to meet goals
- Enthusiasm for Project Sunshine’s mission
Project Sunshine values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Project Sunshine is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
To apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR1@projectsunshine.org
with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
Don’t forget to check out our volunteer opportunities to make a difference today.