Join Our Sunny Squad
Thank you for your interest in working at Project Sunshine! We are currently hiring for the following position. Also, don’t forget to check out our volunteer opportunities to make a difference today.
The Development Assistant will join a passionate and energetic Project Sunshine team to provide support to the Development Department and assist with all aspects of non-corporate fundraising activities.
Donations Processing and Database Maintenance (40%):
- Update, add, and maintain donor and prospect constituent records into Salesforce database;
- Code and track general and in-kind donations, tributes, and all other into Salesforce;
- Responsible for gift entry process: copying checks, making weekly deposits, and assisting with deposit reconciliation;
- Upload and transfer all online transactions into Salesforce;
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports as needed;
- File all donation-related paperwork and maintain organized filing systems;
- Manage the timely acknowledgement of gifts; and
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts.
Donor Communication, Engagement and Research (40%):
- Prepare accurate research on prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits;
- Generate clear, action-oriented meeting notes for the department and for Development Committee;
- Assist with the preparation and writing and editing of appeals, acknowledgements, reports, and proposals;
- Prepare additional donor correspondence as needed;
- Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email; and
- Coordinate mailings.
Event and Mailing Support (20%):
- Attend special events, provide assistance with registration and payments;
- Assist with planning and logistics coordination of special events;
- Set up and maintain online event registration system for events;
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials;
- Answer phone and email inquiries regarding donations and event registrations; and
- Other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
- Bachelor’s degree (may be substituted by experience);
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience with Microsoft Office including fluency with Word, Excel, and Outlook required;
- Experience with Salesforce or other fundraising databases required;
- Expertise with web-based tools and searches preferred;
- Familiarity with nonprofit business is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication verbal and written;
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to meet goals;
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends; and
- Enthusiasm for Project Sunshine’s mission.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.