Read about our event to learn how our organization celebrated the warm, collaborative spirit of our volunteers, young patients and families during Project Sunshine Month 2017
Project Sunshine Month 2017
- Project Sunshine’s Annual Benefit Celebration – honoring Warren Cole, Co–CEO of Post Acute Partners – was held on April 27 at Cipriani 42nd Street.
- Pop singer, Jacquie Lee, performed for guests at the Annual Benefit Celebration and for young patients at Mount Sinai Hospital’s The Zone.
- New York showed its support for Project Sunshine with Proclamations from New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, and U.S. Senator for New York Kirsten Gillibrand in recognition of Project Sunshine Week, April 20 – April 27, 2017.
- The Empire State Building glowed yellow and orange for Project Sunshine on April 25.
- Project Sunshine banners were displayed outside Cipriani 42nd Street and throughout midtown Manhattan.
- Project Sunshine was highlighted in news features, including on WCBS and Fox 5.
- PSA for Project Sunshine was printed in USA Today, reaching 3.2 million readers, on April 21
- Helen Ficalora designed a 14k gold Sun Charm to be sold in her stores nationwide, with 25% of proceeds going to Project Sunshine. A sterling silver Sun Charm has also been created, with 100% of the proceeds benefitting Project Sunshine throughout the year.
- Olympic gold medalist, Laurie Hernandez, and former Miss Universe, Olivia Culpo, represented Project Sunshine at BTIG’s Charity Day on May 2nd. BTIG is a global financial services firm specializing in institutional trading and related brokerage services.
Project Sunshine Appoints Toni Millar, CCLS as Director of Program Innovation
Toni Millar, a nationally recognized leader in the Child Life field, will…