Project Sunshine´s community volunteers provide much-needed services in pediatric medical
facilities for children facing medical challenges and their family members. Through programs including
Creative Arts and Crafts, Sunshine Chefs, Book Buddies and more, volunteers bring joy, relief and a little
bit of sunshine to those they spend time with.
"So many of the children who participate in our activities are suffering from very
distressing conditions, so being able to take their minds off their problems for a little bit
and just focus on being kids is wonderful."
- Amanda Krause, DC Chapter Leader
Over 25 community chapters in 15 cities across the country offer individuals 18 years or older, the
opportunity to volunteer with Project Sunshine (College Students click here)
Long Island, NY
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA
Don't see a city near you? Start a Chapter Today.
Starting a Chapter
- Review the existing community chapter city list above
- Determine if you can lead a chapter for a minimum of one (1) year
- Request a Founding Chapter Leader application through our
volunteer inquiry form
- Receive information from our staff on how to become a Founding Chapter Leader at a partner
medical facility near you!
"Seeing the kids just be kids shows me that our group is really making a difference in restoring
a sense of normalcy in their lives. It's extremely rewarding to be able to work with so many
-Christine Dao, Austin TX Chapter Leader