About Us: Careers
Come work with Project Sunshine! Join our passionate and energetic team at a time of significant organizational growth. When emailing, please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please include your cover letter and resume in BOTH the body of the email and as attachments.
Positions currently available:
Health and Creative Arts Program Intern (NYC)
Health and Creative Arts Program Intern
Project Sunshine is seeking dynamic, undergraduate college interns for the Fall of 2017 (September - December 2017) to work for a rapidly growing, fast–paced non–profit organization. This is an unpaid internship, but school credit is available upon request and review.
- Support the Program Team in planning, organizing, and implementing hospital programs and corporate social responsibility events throughout New York City:
- Manage and organize aspects of program supply orders – preparation, packing, inventory, and delivery
Coordinate the distribution of craft kits, toys, books, and other donations to 300 partner pediatric medical facilities nationwide.
- Research and create new program materials and informational modules for hospital programs, sample arts projects, and assist with the pilot of new programs.
- Develop a variety of communication pieces (web, email) to inform, mobilize, and inspire Project Sunshine's volunteer networks to take part in campaigns.
- Assist with general office work including running errands, answering phones, filing, assisting with special projects and fundraising events, and other roles as needed.
- Self–motivated, good organizational skills, detail–oriented, ability to prioritize, multi–task and meet deadlines.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet research).
- Event planning, marketing, graphic design, and volunteer experience a plus.
- The desire to learn about the nonprofit sector, volunteer management, and/or the arts and public
- Commitment to the mission and values of Project Sunshine.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to at least 10 hours a week or more.
- Comfortable navigating public transportation within the NYC boroughs.
- Gain invaluable working experience in a passionate, exciting, mission–driven organization.
- Opportunity to work in a collaborative environment alongside people who are experienced in their fields.
- Establish a professional network and make many valuable connections.
- Chance to be fully integrated into the organization. This includes getting to know how a nonprofit functions, and an opportunity to be a part of all staff functions: team meetings and staff engagement activities.
- Professional Development opportunities including intern lunches with staff to discuss career paths, resumes, interviews, and more.
Both a cover letter and resume are required. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the cover letter and resume in both the body of the email and as attachments (in case attachments cannot be opened). Please put "Health and Creative Arts Program Internship" in the title of your email. No phone calls please.
Back to Top